PRAKAB – YOUR SPECIALIST FOR ENERGY CABLES AND HALOGEN-FREE CABLES
We offer the following services:
- product acceptance, testing, and entry control on your cables
- one piece tests and sampling tests in accordance with standards
- type tests on selected samples
- acceptance and input control in your presence
- control of goods at suppliers
For more information, please contact director of our Type test laboratory:
- Truck arrival at the company premises on working days from 6:30AM to 2:00PM.
- Loading takes places on working days from 7:00AM to 2:30PM.
- Loading at a later time is exceptionally possible only after previous agreement with Dispatch Executives. In such case extra costs for labour might be charged.
- Notice should be given at least 2 days prior to the arrival and the agreed day and time of arrival should be kept.
- In case you come to pick up the goods on your own, the Dispatch Executives shall be contacted in advance. It can help you to shorten the time spent at PRAKAB premises to mininum. Otherwise it might happen that unannounced trucks will have to wait until the loading site is free.
- The driver must report the respective loading reference (received previously by dispatching center) at the dispatch counter. The driver must also provide his personal ID and truck ID. In case the goods are exported, CMR for each unloading place must be provided.
How drums are to be loaded
The drums are loaded between two wooden beams which are joined together with short boards and fixed by straps, as you can see in the picture below.
- Quality Management System Certificate EN ISO 9001
- Environment Protection Management System Certificate EN ISO 14001
Terms & Conditions
- Terms & Conditions
For Data Sheets and Product Certificates, see the Product Groups.
European statistics still show an alarming number of fire deaths. However, the high percentage of deaths caused by toxic gases is startling. This is one of the reasons why the European Union amended Regulation 305/2011 known as CPR or BauPVo, which defines the common classification of construction products with the aim of achieving increased safety in buildings. These directives come with an extensive system of certification, which will ensure that only approved products are used in buildings.
Standard EN 50 575 instructs manufacturers to test each cable without the cable routing functionality, and to place all these cables into one of the seven classes, i.e. ACA, B1CA, B2CA, CCA, DCA, ECA or FCA, whereas Class A represents essentially non-flammable material, and Class F represents very flammable material. Index „ca“ is just an abbreviation for „cable“. Assignment to a particular class is determined by the heat of combustion, flame spread, the heat release and the fire development index. This main classification scale includes supplemental classification for the smoke-developed index, falling burning droplets and acidity.
Frequently asked quenstions
What is the purpose of CPR?
The Construction Products Regulation (CPR) aims to provide reliable information on the construction of products in relation to their use. This is achieved by providing a “common technical language” for uniform methods of assessing the performance of construction products. These methods are summarized in the harmonised technical specifications. This common technical language is valid for:
• Manufacturers who declare the performance of their products, as well as
• Member state authorities in the specification of requirements concerning them, including
• Their users (architects, engineers, designers,…), not only in the selection of products that are most suitable for their intended use in construction work.
Which cable performances are included in the CPR?
The only performances included in the CPR are
• Reaction to fire
• Fire resistance
• Release of dangerous substances during normal operation, disassembly and recycling.
Which cables are included in CPR?
Cables for permanent installation in buildings over two harmonised product standards, namely:
• Cables intended for electricity supply, ensuring communication in buildings, and other civil engineering work subject to the reaction to fire requirements.
• In the future, cables intended for power supply, ensuring communication and fire detection and alarms in buildings and other engineering constructions, where it is necessary to ensure a continuity of power supply and/or the sending of signals to safety devices.
What are the reaction to fire and fire resistance classes?
For the Reaction to fire cable performance, Decision 2006/751/ES specifies different classes of performance called “Classes of reaction to fire for electric cables”. The reaction to fire class is defined by seven classes (Aca, B1ca, B2ca, Cca, Dca, Eca a Fca). Heat release and flame spread are the main criteria for classification, while smoke production, burning droplets and acidity are supplemental criteria for classification. Fire resistance is a term used to label cables designed to ensure the continuity of electricity and/or the distribution of signals to safety equipment. For fire resistance of cables, Decision 2000/367/ES established different performance classes listed in the classification conditions based on the time of functionality. These times are 15, 30, 60, 90 and 120 minutes, for both P and PH classification, depending on the testing method used.
Since when are cables required to have CE marking under the CPR?
CE marking can only be applied to cables starting from the date of expiry published in OJEU, and becomes mandatory at the end of the transitional period, which is established in the Official Journal of the European Union. For cables with a reaction to fire (EN 50575: 2014 and its amendment EN 50575: 2014 / A1: 2016), an expiry date was published in the Official Journal of the European Union, 06/ 10/ 2016, with a transitional period that ends on 07/ 01/ 2017.
How can a customer identify true CE marking
In case of doubt, professionals and users can verify the authenticity of CE marking:
• With a request to their national contact point for construction
• With an appeal to the notified body, which is listed in the declaration of performance and on the label
CE marking of products
Manufacturers must issue a declaration of performance for each cable without cable routing functionality, and the products must be labeled with CE marking that is visibly, legibly and attached to:
- Power, control and communication cables or
- Labels attached to the reels, coils or drums of control and communication cables
CE marking must be added
- In the last two digits of the year in which it was first attached
- The name and registered address of the manufacturer, or identification label enabling easy and unambiguous identification of the name or company and address of the manufacturer
- A unique identification code of the product type
- A declaration of performance reference number
- Class of declared performance
- A dated reference to the harmonised technical specification used
- Identification number of the notified body
- The intended use specified in the harmonised technical specification used
SKB-GROUP is a member of Europacable and signatory of the Europa Industry Charter. The Charter expresses our commitment to shared principles and objectvives of ethical, sustainable and hight-quality cable development and manufacturing.
What if they disappear?
- We thought about how the world would look like without us. Have a look and let us know, what you think about this!